Join us as we build a safety net to ensure all persons fleeing persecution are given the chance to reach their full potential.
DIRECT SERVICE VOLUNTEERS - Ongoing or event-based
ASAP is always looking for volunteers to work one-on-one or in small groups with clients. Activities range from job readiness training assistance to leading a weekly drop-in activity as part of our community program to everything in between! We’re happy to work with your skills and talents to create a unique and meaningful volunteer experience.
ADMINISTRATIVE VOLUNTEERS - Project-based
Administrative volunteers help us meet the everyday demands required of nonprofit management. Administrative volunteers are assigned to work on projects as their time and expertise allows. Past projects have included website copywriting, grant writing, event planning, and data mining. ASAP also offers internships to local university students.
PROFESSIONAL VOLUNTEERS - Client-based
ASAP functions as the primary point of contact for professional volunteers interested in working with asylum seekers in a pro-bono capacity. ASAP works with physicians and mental health professionals willing to document evidence of torture and other human rights abuses to help our clients prepare their asylum claim. ASAP also maintains a list of immigration attorneys willing to offer pro- bono or low-bono legal services.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com
ACCEPTED GOODS LIST
ASAP is currently accepting the following items to distribute to clients:
- Spiral bound notebooks, folders, pens, pencils
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, etc.)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Beauty items (hair accessories, make-up, nail polish, perfume, etc.)
- Gift cards to Target or Wal-Mart
- Grocery store gift cards
- International calling cards (with good rates to Africa and the Middle East) or Skype gift cards
- Mobile phones (in working order with charger and batteries)
- Laptops (in working order with charger)
- Cloth shopping bags
- New socks and underwear
- Winter coats, jackets, hats, scarves, and gloves (September to February)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your donation drop-off.